A Web design business is not about design but about business. There are dozens of innovative and inexpensive strategies to ensure the profitability of your business amongst competition. Market your site effectively to make the business profitable and expand the client base. Provide a great portfolio on your site to attract prospective clients. Here are a few tips to stand out in a sea of web designers.
Marketing your web design business:
1. Make your site professional. Be innovative and creative to create an amazing site. Let your website reflect your personality and reveal your talents. The design of your site should hold a customer’s attention so that he does not move on to the next web design service.
2. Add your portfolio. After creating an exceptional site, add your portfolio to one of your pages. Let the clients view the samples of your work to build curiosity and appreciation of your work.
3. Do trial design for popular sites. This is important especially if you are a beginner with a small portfolio. In addition to building your own site attractively, the client site may commit more projects for them. The Webmaster is happy to get free promotion on your site and, in turn, tell his sources of your great design abilities.
4. Make business cards. It is an essential tool of marketing. Have a unique color business card and send it to other companies for more job opportunities.
5. Network. Join up with other popular design sites to plan a common marketing strategy. Promote one another through link exchanges. The more back links you have from other websites, the better ranking you will get on a search engine like Google.
6. Expand your marketing skills. Your website should be a part of every interesting design forum. Include your services in your signature to any e-mail you send to increase your client base. Talk about your service at forums, chat rooms and even write articles about your web design. This will get you even more back links.
Building the next level of business
Once you have established your web design business, take it to the next level. A few tips for this:
o Build in multiple streams of ongoing revenue from each web design client.
o With near zero marketing cost, leverage clients into a continuous stream of referral business.
o Hire and train people to grow your business.
o Manage multiple projects, in a given period and budget.
o Conduct follow-ups so that the client always seeks your service in future projects.
o Incorporate specific tools into your proposals to widen client base.
o Attract clients with add-on services.
o Focus on exact needs of clients to please them.
Have a competitively priced site. Focus on successful marketing strategy, conduct needs analysis to cater to exact need of the client, add a few freebies to existing services and always follow up on work done. It will not only broaden your client base but also earn you a good name in the web design market.