The key to creating an organized online marketing strategy is planning. If your only business isn’t developed using a streamlined approach to planning, you’ll soon find yourself overloaded with stuff you didn’t get done and don’t have time to do. Worse, you’ll be in that predicament with not enough profit to hire it done.
By using these simple, step-by-step procedures to plan your business online, you’ll grasp a handle on your business quickly with plenty of time to enjoy your business profits.
1. Schedule time to plan every week and follow your plan. You may choose to use an online calendar, a notebook, or a 30 day file, the method you choose isn’t as important as the process of using it.
- Check it frequently.
- Add everything to the calendar.
- Include time for yourself in your schedule.
- Make all appointments stand out, so you don’t forget them.
- Make time for admin and writing duties, they are important too.
2. Generate a ToDo List and keep it handy. This MUST be on paper. The sense of completion you will feel as you check off each item and cross them off your list is worth the extra paper activity each day. Don’t pass up this opportunity to recognize your accomplishments.
NOTE: Each morning, before you get started, cross three things off your list that you know you’re not going to get done that day. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
3. Spiral notebook. I’m going to say it again, because this is important. SPIRAL NOTEBOOK. Get a thick one with some folders and keep some paperclips attached. Write absolutely everything in your spiral notebook, because it’s your record for the time you’ve got it. Notes, ideas, suggestions, names, addresses, contact information, goals, projects, discussions, topics for writing, information you MUST keep, and anything else you happen to want to jot down. Write it in your spiral notebook. This is your book, dated from beginning to end. Write on front and back pages, nobody will read it but you, and you want all the details.
There are so many pieces to planning your business online, you’re going to want everything written down, organized and completely strategized. I always recommend new business owners find a business coach or consultant to help organize a business start up, because without one, it’s like running blind into a mine field. The results of a well planned business from the beginning are immediate profits.
Nobody can guarantee those immediate profits on the front, but you’re far more likely to have them, if your business is well planned.